“Pycnogenol” originally denoted all proanthocyanidin extracts, regardless of source. However, it now refers specifically to maritime pine bark. The mixture of proanthocyanidins in pine bark supports vascular endothelial integrity by stabilizing collagenous membranes. It also promotes vascular function by modulating nitric oxide levels. In addition to facilitating vitamin C regeneration and preserving vitamin E, Pycnogenol® is a hydroxyl and superoxide radical scavenger. Collectively, these actions promote the health of blood vessels.
Amount Per Serving
- each vegetarian capsule contains:
- French maritime pine (Pinus pinaster) extract (bark)100 mg
- other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), ascorbyl palmitate
- Pycnogenol® is a registered trademark of Horphag Research Ltd. Use of this product may be protected by one or more U.S. patents and other international patents.
- 1 capsule, 1-2 times daily, between meals.