As you know, I’m a strong proponent against fluoridation and fluoride toxicity. Check out this excellent article on how to prevent damage caused by this harmful toxin.
My interview on CBN TV, “Get Your Allergy Makeover the Natural Way,” just went live today! Here’s the video:
This week, I was invited to New York City for an interview with Dr. Manny on Fox News!
Just click the video below to watch the interview.
- Close up all of your windows- in your home and office, as well as while driving your car. Keep pollen out!
- Invest in a HEPA filter for your bedroom and living area.
- Get one that filters and cleans the air in your room completely at least 2-3 times in one hour.
- Exercise and schedule your children’s play dates indoors.
- Don’t forget to push the RECIRCULATING AIR BUTTON in your car to keep the pollen, dust and other toxic particulates from entering your car.
- GO GLUTEN, DAIRY AND SUGAR FREE- less food allergies means less Respiratory Allergies!
- CLEANSE your nasal passages with a NETI-POT and saline solution- BUT don’t over do it, it can cause more allergy symptoms because you are drying out your nose!
- Wipe down your animal friends with a damp paper towel after you have walked them outdoors to collect any pollen and debris off their coat.
On my flight to the Caribbean right now to spend a week with my mentor Brendon Burchard and our mastermind group. And I am so thankful that my husband George made me a gluten and dairy-free pizza this morning to take on board!
Bringing my own food, supplements and purified water is an absolute must to maintain energy, mental clarity, hydration and to eliminate sugar cravings. I like to pack foods and snacks that are easy to prepare, store in a glass container and eat with pleasure.
Yes- the pizza is higher in non-gluten carbs, but it is so much better than a dried up turkey & cheese sandwich with wilted lettuce that the airline sells! I also packed turkey jerky, seed & nut bars, and my green turbo charge drink mix.
My Gluten and Dairy-Free Pizza is easy-peasy to make, just get the following four items at your local health food store. If you can’t find the exact brands, get whatever is available as long as it is gluten and 100% dairy-free. And shop for organic ingredients if possible!
- Udi’s Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- Cadia Organic Pizza Sauce
- Daiya Dairy-Free Shredded Cheese
- Uncured Nitrate-Free Pepperoni
Add more ingredients if you like such as olives, green onions, sun-dried tomatoes.
Heat the oven up at 375 degrees– the pizza size is perfect for a toaster oven. Pop it in for 7-8 minutes and voila! You have your meal on board ready to go.
Cool it, slice it, then store it in a glass container.
WANT A TIP on how do you keep the slices from sticking to each other and not touch the plastic top? Use Parchment Paper to separate each layer!
I do call myself The Sensitive Voyager –the more I plan, prepare and bring my own food, the more fun I have on my trip!
St. Martin, here I come!
You have to try this delicious recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes that can be eaten for breakfast, as a side for dinner or even as a snack! Thank you Diane- I love your Practical Paleo book!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: Approximately 8 small
Pancakes or 2 servings
|4 eggs||1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice|
|½ cup canned organic pumpkin||1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract||¼ teaspoon baking soda|
|1 tablespoon of organic molasses||2 tablespoons butter, ghee or coconut oil (add extra for pan frying)|
Whisk the eggs, canned pumpkin, pure vanilla extract, and molasses together. Sift the pumpkin pic spice, cinnamon, and baking soda into the wet ingredients.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, mix the butter into the batter.
Grease the skillet and spoon batter into the skillet to make pancakes of your desired size. When a few bubbles appear, flip the pancakes once to finish cooking.
Serve with grass-fed butter or ghee and cinnamon or sliced bananas.
Recipe is by my friend, Diane Sanfilippo, author of Practical Paleo. Some ingredients have been revised for Dr. Susanne’s community!
I have stopped eating seafood since Fukushima disaster in 2011 and have been asking people to reduce fish, shellfish, sea vegetable intake, due to the heavy mercury toxicity and nuclear radiation exposure.
Here is another reason to stop eating fish and seafood altogether!
Take a look at this revealing video made by Dr. Michael Greger of NutritionFacts.org that explains how exposure to mercury during pregnancy by ingesting fish appears to influence fetal brain development as detected by decreased size of a newborn’s brain.
Lose weight while you are sleeping?
What a concept! Look out fitness and weight loss supplement industry, because there is a new weight-loss sheriff in town!
Studies are now showing that you can lose weight by how much you sleep and the quality of your sleep and that it has a strong affect on your appetite. There are two hormones produced in our body that are rarely discussed in the health industry- ghrelin and leptin. They both work hand in hand to control feelings of hunger and fullness.
What are these two hormones?
Ghrelin is produced in the gut and it stimulates your appetite, meaning, it makes you want to eat more food. Leptin is produced in the fat cells and send s a signal to our brain when you are full. That is why I created the mantra:
Go away Ghrelin, I love Leptin™!
So how are they connected to sleep?
When you don’t get enough number of sleep hours, it drives the leptin down, which means you don’t feel very satisfied after your meals. Lack of sleep also stimulates ghrelin release, which means your appetite goes up so you want to eat more food. Not the best for your health and waist-slimming efforts.
This explains why people over eat after a poor night’s sleep—never satisfied with their meals, which sabotages their efforts to lose that muffin top!
One study from Stanford University of California found that those who slept less than eight hours a night had lower levels of leptin and higher levels of ghrelin, AND sure enough—higher levels of body fat! Those who slept the fewest hours each night weighed the most!
OK – let’s make SLEEP a priority to a healthier and happier new you!
Here are 5 easy-to-implement tips to getting more sleep:
1. Eat healthful meals regularly- 3 meals per day and a snack. Stabilizing your blood sugar and optimal protein ingestion will help with you from waking up in the middle of the night.
Not sure what types of food to eat?
Sign up for my free Do’s and Don’ts Gut Restore Checklist on the right!
2. Turn off all overhead lights, television, computers, and electrical gadgets by 9:00 pm and take a nice relaxing bath with a few drops of lavender oil.
3. To keep your mind from thinking about your next day tasks and responsibilities while lying in bed, write them down in your journal and it will free your brain from ruminating.
4. Use an eye mask and ear plugs, these are my most important sleeping aids!
5. Keep animals out of your bed, we love them but love your sleep more!
Sleep is one of my best strategies to living young and strong!
Cold and Flu season is already here!
There are so many different viruses that can ruin our day, week or even month, such as Rhinovirus, H1N1, H2N2, influenza A/B, Parvovirus, Corona virus, RSV, Russian flu, Hong Kong flu etc.
Here are some supplements that I take myself to prevent and remedy the typical viral symptoms:
Probiotics- AM and PM
Vitamin C 3x/day
Biocidin Throat spray
Quercetin for excess mucus/secretions
Zinc gluconate lozenges/lollipops
Olive Leaf Extract liquid/capsules or Elderberry Extract
SilverSol Power liquid, broad spectrum antimicrobial
Homeopathic lymphatic drainage cream
Eat only cooked foods, no dairy, sugar, gluten, alcohol and yeast
Sleep, sleep, sleep!
Prevention is my type of best medicine! Have an awesome healthy day!
photo by: renjith krishnan, freedigitalphoto.net